Yes, that is what Monticello does on a save: check for potential name conflicts
in all linked repositories. It is just the way it is. It is not a 100%
foolproof way to guarantee uniqueness, but it will help in certain cases.

We once thought about making this check optional (and a setting).

One way out might be to remove all but the package-cache from the repositories
linked to your package, but I haven't tried.