b...@openinworld.com wrote:
I've been advised that for application related issues tracked on Fogbugz (e.g. for PharoLauncher) to avoid tagging the Milestone as 'Pharo3.0' - which is reserved for image related issues. Fair enough, but the only available alternative 'Later' just doesn't seem a good fit. Can adding another milestone be considered, like 'non-image' or 'application'. btw, my reasoning for tagging with Pharo3.0 was to do with the idea of simultaneous release [1] of related tools with the image. With the CI now operating for a lot of projects, it is not unfeasible that such a co-ordinated release occur. This might be good to encourage participation in testing and bug hunting in the final weeks and maybe speed the uptake of 3.0. On the other hand, it might unreasonably stretch resources trying to co-ordinate it.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Simultaneous_Release

cheers -ben
Elsewhere I see a comment by Marcus that "we need to find a way how to use the bug tracker for projects..." I notice there is already a Projects field while the Areas field is entirely unused (perhaps this is from following the guidelines of [2]). One option might be recategorizing many of the existing Projects as Areas under one Project='Image'. Maybe that would require an unreasonable effort to implement, but I float the idea anyway. Perhaps the Fogbugz sysadmins have some tools that could assist.

[2] http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/docs/70/topics/basics/Projectsandareas.html

cheers -ben