That does sound interesting.  So the new (student-based) force algorithm
would allow for a 'everything is equal' default, or set a certain class of
things as more important than others.  Or maybe a hierarchy of things a
more important (so, classes most important, then packages, then whatever is
left over).

I haven't yet personally figured out how I would apply this yet (even the
original use), but I am definitely thinking on it.

And, yes, if I do find a use, it will probably be outside of software as
well.  I am really enjoying this toolset known as Moose - both for software
analysis, and other business-related analysis.

-Chris