Hi Chris,

The dictionary had to be added in the Morphic class by whoever developed
Morphic so that you can extend it. That means that they had to predict that
you will extend it. Imagine that they wouldn't have predicted that. We
would simply not be able to extend Morphic.

Contrast this situation with methods defined in a class. In this case, the
language provides us with the ability of extending any class with extra
methods. This is a powerful mechanism that we take for granted. We need to
approach in the same way all constructs in the language, including instance
variables and traits definitions. Slots should solve the instance variables
problem.

Cheers,
Doru