On 26 Nov 2013, at 15:56, Clément Bera <bera.clem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/26 Max Leske <maxle...@gmail.com>
> Thanks for the explanation. I suspected something like that (interestingly
> when I tried disabling all options on my Mac it worked fine…).
>
> This is because you didn't execute: 'OpalCompiler recompileAll'.
>
> I’ll dig some more and let you know.
>
> We should dig into the '3 timesRepeat: [ Smalltalk garbageCollect ]', because
> this may be a bug somewhere. Now we shouldn't dig into having a system
> running without condition and loops inlined by the compiler, because this is
> too much work (for example as Marcus said loops on all objects should not
> create an object (even a context) ...). If we really want that we will invest
> time. But right now it is not a priority.

You need to see that the system *never* ran without optimising ifTrue: &co, so
getting that to work is a real project in itself… and it will be *extremely*
slow, of course.

And it does not even help for the problem, because Fuel ran fine in the past.
They two things are just not related at all.

        Marcus