Ok I have verified and indeed its not an Athens problem. My bad. The
position of the morph is reported at 5@30 and the not the correct 0@0. So
it looks like Morphic for some strange reason it offsets it.

I knew about translateBy but I did not know about restoreAfter. so thank
you.

I prefer my version of the code because it makes clearer what I am trying
to do. However ideally because I am drawing a box inside another box the
best way would be to follow your approach and scale the second box using
one shape instead of two I am currently doing. But thats the price I am
paying from not knowing exactly how to do this.

Also trying to painstakingly find the correct transform and scale values
requires A LOT of testing . This is why I find a vector editor for Athens
and Pharo absolutely essential. No coding can beat designing via mouse.

On the other hand I could use Inkscape and import the svg to Athens , which
what I am about to research. Designing all GUI elements by code is a very
bad idea, but no less a learning experience.

I will most probably move to Roassal too.

As always thanks for the help.