One thing I didn't understand is, are valueholders supposed to announce
changes, even if
the "value" didn't changed?

|log node |
log := OrderedCollection new.
node:=
TreeNodeModel new
content: $a;
whenSelectedChanged:[:item | self halt.log add:item];
selected: true;
selected: true;
selected: true.
log

will log three times, even the value (selected=true) didn't changed at all.
(or at most one if "selected" is initialized with false).

Nicolai