I had some questions about NewValueHolder and I figured, why not revive
COTDC?!

The current comment is: "A NewValueHolder is a new implementation of
ValueHolder based on Announcements". Of course, ValueHolder doesn't have a
class comment. Wikipedia claims a value holder is "a generic object that
handles the lazy loading behavior, and appears in place of the object's data
fields" [1]. So:
- what is a NewValueHolder?
- is the "Value Holder" part of the name accurate in light of [1]. Obviously
repurposing a term people may already be familiar with is a bad idea. In
fact the important part here seems not the holding of the value, but the
notification of changes. It seems more like an event in FRP. How about
ReactiveVariable or AnnouncingVariable, since it combines the storage of a
variable with announcing of changes? I like Reactive a bit better because
those familiar with FRP will get the idea that it's notifying dependents,
Announcing maybe begs the question "announcing what?"
- should it replace ValueHolder, which is used only by
ExclusiveWeakMessageSend and WidgetExamples

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_loading

p.s. [OT] valueChanged: oldValue to: newValue seems fishy. It is only used
in one place in the image in this weird way "pickedItemsHolder valueChanged:
true to: item"

-----
Cheers,
Sean