> why you need separate class for 'rotated' label?

to have rotated labels :-)

> i suppose you also need RTRotatedAndScaledLabel,
> RTRotatedAndScewedLabel
> .. as well as other (infinite) number of permutations with 'something-ed' and
> 'Label’.

Actually no. Having rotated labels can be considered as a primitive for data
visualization. DSM, GraphET need rotated labels. I see Roassal as an abstract
for data visualization. Not really as a better API than Athens. Neither as an
alternative. Athens works very well, and the API is relatively clean.

Yesterday with Ben we had exactly that discussion. Why not exposing the notion
of matrix, like that I can rotate anything? That is a very good point, and we
will probably offer such a thing on some point. But the problem with matrixes
is that they are highly complicated. Finding the right combination between
translation and rotation is always a long set of try-and-see-what-we-get.

>  or its just a prototype?

Yes, it is a prototype.
It will probably evolve over the time.

Maybe we will not keep RotatedLabel at the end, but merge it with Label.

One some point, we will introduce a hierarchy for transformation.

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu