Stef, A  little different than you asked for, but I find the following combination useful when I'm trying to find a case that I recently viewed that was opened by someone else:
* Viewed by me - Show only cases I have viewed before
* Sort By - Last viewed by me (Reverse)

cheers -ben

Benjamin wrote:
Filters > My case s(2nd item)