Holger,

On 12 Feb 2014, at 15:09, Holger Hans Peter Freyther <hol...@freyther.de> wrote:

>> Does this happen with a virgin image ? Probably not, what code did you load ?
>
> I don't know. There is my code in the backtrace and it is available in the
> OsmoCore/OsmoLogging package. The code is doing:
>
> runTimers
..

> fireTimers: now
>
> The entire process list is below. My assumption is that the >>fireTimers:
> method is actually being executed. The best thing I found was to use SIGUSR1
> to sample which processes run. My assumption is that this process runs before
> DateAndTime has been re-initialized by the SmalltalkImage.

Thanks for the details. Any chance that you could play with Pharo 3 as well ?
You'll get better support I guess.

Now, you do agree that you are doing tricky stuff, right ? You play with
timers, timestamps and delays in a process that you expect to keep running over
image save/resume ;-)

I think a better approach would be to subscribe to image #shutDown: and
#startUp: events (trace these selectors for examples). With these you can
cleanly stop your process on image save and restart it when the image resumes.
I think all long running processes work that way.

Sven