De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-boun...@lists.pharo.org] de la part de Guillermo
Polito [guillermopol...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 16 avril 2014 11:46
À : Pharo Development List
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] 13102

Bump :)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Guillermo Polito
<guillermopol...@gmail.com<mailto:guillermopol...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Guillermo Polito
<guillermopol...@gmail.com<mailto:guillermopol...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Guillermo Polito
<guillermopol...@gmail.com<mailto:guillermopol...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi!

Sorry for the late response... I'm covered with stuff to do lately.

To my understanding we are mixing these different issues:

1) whether the global shortcuts should have or not priority over local
shortcuts. To my understanding that's what operating systems do. You cannot
override alt+tab and if you intend, it will just not work. If any application
can override alt+tab, the system will feel inconsistent for the users. So
global shortcuts have priority with this intend: Not let the tools mess with
what Pharo has decided the global shortcuts should be.

So, any points against or in favor to this?

2) which are the actions that should be available globally though a shortcut.
This deserves for sure a different discussion than 1). Should we put all tools
in there? The more we put, the more difficult is to put shortcuts locally in
tools. In any case I think this is orthogonal to 1).

3) are the shortcuts we chose for the tools the right ones? I think the
"prefixed" shortcuts chosen for the tools were thought as a kind of namespace
for the shortcuts. Again, I find this orthogonal to 1).

Do we open a new thread to discuss this? I think it's important to discuss what
is available globally through a shortcut and what's not, and what such
shortcuts should be. The only thing I need is:

- Spotlight
- Finder?
- Workspace?
- The main menu?

The browser I don't really need it because I use spotlight. The finder can
cover almost all stuff I search normally trough a workspace :).

Even if this is not for Pharo3, it's important for Pharo4.