On 22/4/14 14:19, Tudor Girba wrote:
I do not see what this has to do with anything.

Right now we are offering the possibility to not be able to load FreeType fonts and this leads to buggy behavior when the user starts playing with that toggle.

In fact this is buggy even without that. The system reports strike and freetype fonts when we are in ft mode :(

I fail to see why we need the option in the first place. All I am saying is that we should remove the option from the settings browser and simply have the freetype fonts enable all the time. This means that you will still be able to load the bitmap fonts without problems just like before.

And it is our (as builders of Pharo) responsibilities to design. The user can say if he likes it or not and in our case can even try to contribute. But, this does not take the design responsibility from our shoulders.

Doru