in my discharge, I have to say that the only reason why the pharovm is not
released for iOS is because I’ve been really busy to properly configure the
jenkins slave.
But you should be able to produce an iPharo vm (is stack, no support for JIT
yet) as easy as compiling any other vm.
And I know Jean-Baptiste is in his way to revive the Android platform.

In general about gaming, I think nothing prevent us to have something like
pygame working right now (technically we have all the elements), just that as a
community, we usually are more focused in other directions.
But Ronnie is finishing his SDL2 work and soon we will have a version of
OSWindow that we can actually use (that will lead to another vm-plugin cleanup.
but that’s another story).
SDL2 even has bindings for audio, so we could have audio access without the
ALSA/Pulse pain we are having this days.
With OpenGL/OpenCL support (which is also being made by Ronnie, he) we could
even have very fast graphics support without going out the image (well, just to
call those libraries).

In other order of things (some-kind related) a couple of months ago Eliot told
me that he can be in his way to give us an “executeOnProcess” primitive, that
would solve most of our parallelisation problems (and Eliot will be probably
hating me at this moment, I know he dislike announcements before they are at
least started… I’m sorry).

So well… I think the answer should be:

1) it is possible,
2) but things are poor documented and we need to improve there
3) as being a pioneer in the gaming for mobile area (with pharo), you will need
some work. And of course community (and me in particular) is willing to help as
much as we can.
4) … and of course since that’s a non frequent area for us as a community, they
will be probably things to overcome… but again, they will all be solvable and
we are willing to help.

cheers,
Esteban