I use git for my books. Now the simple fact that a tool has to help me to do simple action is a sign of strange design. This is the same as Java design and eclipse. When you code without eclipse you will a real pain :) I found the git API far to low level from my developer perspective and this is what I would like the pharo abstraction to
protect our users (while getting the benefits from git).
And this is why when esteban is telling that this is what newbies expect I cannot believe such kind of statements
because there are simply bullshit. :)

Stef
Stef,

You need to cut your teeth for a decent couple hours to get to terms with Git. Especially when using a workflow with branches, with merges, and several contributors. I knew of quite a couple of SCMs (including Hg) but Git is a special beast.

I liked Git Recipes: A Problem Solution Approach as it was very pragmatic.

HTH
Phil