Hi Sean,

This has been on my list for quite some time, sorry about that - the problem
was also that I do/did not really have a good opinion about this, see further.

On one hand, I am really happy that you produced this hack (in the good
definition of the word: a neat trick to solve a problem). I am impressed by it,
you mix what is available in NeoJSON with the dynamic abilities in Pharo to do
something cool (much like coding in the debugger, or using available input to
dynamically derive a mapping). You clearly got deep into it (carried away you
said yourself) and you do understand NeoJSON very well.

But on the other hand, it took me quite some time, browsing your code
intensively, reading your mail again and again, to even understand what you
did, how it (could) work(s), the goals, the limitations - and I wrote NeoJSON.
So the problem is, IMHO, that we cannot expect this to be
explainable/understandable to others. This could maybe be fixed by writing more
code, maybe some kind of GUI tool, more documentation - but then the question
is, is it worth it ? does this really solve a common problem ?

It feels like an extension/add-on to me, not something to be part of the core
of NeoJSON.

I just don't know, what do you think about it in retrospect ?

Sven