I don't think it makes sense to compare floating point numbers to other types of numbers with #=... there's a world of approximations and other factors hiding behind #=, and the occasional true answer confuses more than it helps. On top of that, then you get x = y => x hash = y hash, and so the hash of floating point values "has" to be synchronized with integers, fractions, scaled decimals, etc... _what a mess_...