if you follow instructions on the Pharo Download page, everything
should work fine:

http://pharo.org/download

Next week or in September I will migrate ppa:pharo/unstable to
ppa:pharo/stable. So, if you have problems with the stable ppa, you
can use the unstable one, I think it is quite stable :-).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."