Hello, Michele.
I still want to get PhD position and I'm working on the idea you suggested me.
Also I'm not sure if you know, but Voronyj diagram project won at Roassal
Contest and I made the presentation about it on ESUG. In Cambridge I spoke with
some people and got a few ideas, what to do next.

You can look at the site: http://natalia.tymchuk.me/RTVoronyjDiagram/
the video for Contest: http://youtu.be/SlJptrlBbho
the videos from presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpndOXOsnY&list=UUO-vBhaKVZf0al-ISMMPvRw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsF3YaC1m_w&list=UUO-vBhaKVZf0al-ISMMPvRw
(I just realised, that I didn't mention you during the presentation. I'm really
sorry about it, I was very nervous and didn't say the half from what I planed.
But when I was speaking with people personaly I always said that it was your
idea.)
So, please let me know what do you think about me and my chances.

Best regards,
Natalia