When one looks at the implementers of "defaultSpec" (lots of Adapters,
tools), I find it more understandable to figure out how a tool is laid out.

How to follow what messages are sent around, err... much less
understandable indeed (So, sharing Sean's pain).

Of course, this is different from inspecting morphs. But it shouldn't be
so. If Morphs where isofunctional with the Adapters, it would be much more
regular.

It is glaring that the Morphs all have their own little view of the world
with no unified set of protocols, which isn't helping.

An example: MorphicRadioButtonAdapter

defaultSpec
<spec>
^ {#CheckboxMorph.
     #on:selected:changeSelected:. #model. #state. #state:.
 #label:. { #model. #label }.
 #labelClickable:. { #model. #labelClickable}.
#beRadioButton.
 #hResizing:. #shrinkWrap.
#vResizing:. #shrinkWrap.
 #setBalloonText:. #(model help).
#dragEnabled:. #(model dragEnabled).
 #dropEnabled:. #(model dropEnabled).
#dragEnabled:. #(model dragEnabled).
 #dropEnabled:. #(model dropEnabled).
"#borderWidth:. #(model borderWidth).
 #borderColor:. #(model borderColor)"}

A halo that would outline the SpecLayout bits and pieces would go a long
way in helping people figure out what's going on. A project in itself.

Now, can we both have a declarative UI and an easy to debug UI? As the
declarative things has its own interpreter and engine?

Phil