Whoa, another cool tutorial article of yours. Excellent work!

I have a question: I was thinking about giving the HP-35 article and this
article to some CS students of mine that have 0 Smalltalk experience, to get
them up to speed. But the tutorials are missing the basic explanation of the
use of workspaces and browsers, and I don’t know where to get some
documentation that treats just that. Any pointers to that kind of material?

TIA,

On Sep 1, 2014, at 5:18 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I published another introduction/tutorial article
>
> Reddit.st - In 10 Cool Pharo Classes
>
> Implementing a Reddit style web application in Pharo using Seaside, Glorp and
> PostgreSQL
>
> https://medium.com/@svenvc/reddit-st-in-10-cool-pharo-classes-1b5327ca0740
>
> The focus is not so much on the smaller size or the higher developer
> productivity in Pharo, but more on the fact that we can cover so much ground
> using such powerful frameworks, as well as the natural development flow from
> model over tests and persistence to web GUI. This is a more intermediate
> level article that assumes basic knowledge about Pharo (language and IDE).
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Reddit/
>
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/Reddit
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Sven
>
> PS: This article is actually an update of an article that I wrote in 2010 and
> that became unavailable/outdated.
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> Proudly supporting Pharo
> http://pharo.org
> http://association.pharo.org
> http://consortium.pharo.org

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile