On 19.09.2014, at 14:16, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> Part of that is in
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/13229/Year-arithmetic-broken
>
> Furthermore, I am not so sure all this is a good idea, year/month durations
> are not constants and are dealt with differently in many context (say the
> financial world).
>
> January 30 + 1 month ?
> January 31 + 1 month ?

Issue 13299 doesn’t change that (I don’t know about the other change). There is
still only the Month object which knows its number of days, so a month will
always be used in a defined context.

> Februari 29 2004 + 1 year ?

This one is hard and the change in issue 13299 does indeed make the assumption
that February 29 2004 + 1 year = February 28 2005. One might argue that is
should be March 1.
But: that is also the assumption the *current* implementation makes, so no
change there.