On 1 oct. 2014, at 18:38, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

>> To distinguish between the different types of variables, we could add
>> another column with a tag, like we have in the GTDebugger (e.g., Slot /
>> Derived). What do you think?
>
> I do not like slots.
> Because not all the objects have that.

Apart from the variable part, all the state of any object is represented via
slots.
But the state view can easily find out that it's displaying an instance of a
variable class and act accordingly.

I like Doru's solution because it permits any object to have a good default
state view without having to implement a bunch of special views.
And if you want to see only the real layout of the object, you can always click
on the 'iv' tag to filter out virtual slots.
So you have one view to show all the relevant state information in one pane and
a way to filter/sort it easily.

Camille