On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaring...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ps: There is also a way to encode a QR with a image/logo inside, but I
> don't know how that works.

As far as I can tell, that whole "embed an image / logo" is a stupid hack.
QR codes have error correction. So, if you choose a high error correction,
you can replace meaningful pixels with a logo and it will still function.
But, it means that you have to choose high error correction, leading to a
larger code, which is inherently harder to scan. My advice is to keep the
QR code small and it doesn't have to take up that much real estate. Then,
you can put your nice logo next to the QR code, taking up the same amount
of space and looking better.

A more promising angle is a translucent QR code, such as featured on the
following:
http://www.visualead.com/explore-qr-code-designs/

Cheers,

Jeff