On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM, <seas...@rmod.lille.inria.fr <mailto:
>> seas...@rmod.lille.inria.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the
>>     community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to
>>     coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn
>>     discussions thereafter!
>>
>>     ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>>

>> - I gave 3 Smalltalk/Pharo related presentations  (Web Development with
>> Smalltalk,  Smalltalk and Business, and Marea) at
>> http://ilas.memi.umss.edu.bo/ (sponsored by ESUG). Slides:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/MarianoMartinezPeck/web-
>> development-with-smalltalk
>>

> I am curious to learn why Seaside "scalability is a bit different" ?

The most immediate reason is that session affinity is a requirement, not an
option, as with other stateless frameworks.
Unless you are in GemStone, where sessions are persisted and hence session
affinity is not a requirement.

Another would be memory requirements. Depending on your app, if you use the
statefull side of the framework a lot (#states and friends) and you do keep
large graphs in there, the system itself will obviously consume more
memory. So that's another thing to consider that may not be the same when
dealing with stateless framworks.

Maybe there were more reasons that I cannot remember now.