Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
self assert: (file species isKindOf: FileStream)

But that is a weird test. What is the point ?

You have to test behaviour, like write a file and see if it was written.
Testing types is very seldom done, because this is an implementation detail.

Thanks Sheri and Sven. I learnt a new aspect of design philosophy today. Thats one thing I like about contributing to open source - the opportunity for learning, especially from the questions that other people ask.
cheers -ben