What do you mean ? because for me its quite the opposite.

If I want to browser pharo projects on on Smalltalkhub I cant , on github I
just browse Smalltalk as a language and most project are pharo projects. I
can also search for "pharo" projects.
If I want to follow people on Smalltalkhub and get notified about new
commits and new project I cant, in github I get not only notification but
also emails digests.
If I fork a project and forget to check back the original repo, github will
keep informing me about how many commits my fork is behind.
If I want to report issues again I dont need to leave github and come to
this mailing list to do so , all in one place .