We are interested in improving test coverage of Pharo so thanks for your initiative.

Le 8/12/14 22:27, sheri...@sheridan-mahoney.com a écrit :
Hi,
I've been looking into MultiByteFileStream for adding tests in this area, and have come up against what appears to me to be an anomaly. I ran the following 4 tests:

FileStream fileNamed: 'test.txt'
 do: [ :str | str
 nextPutAll: '123';
 crlf ].

MultiByteFileStream fileNamed: 'test2.txt'
 do: [ :str | str
 nextPutAll: '123';
 crlf ].

FileStream fileNamed: 'test3.txt'
 do: [ :str | str
 nextPutAll: 'élève en Français';
 crlf ].

MultiByteFileStream fileNamed: 'test4.txt'
 do: [ :str | str
 nextPutAll: 'élève en Français';
 crlf ].

The results are:

Input          string         Result         Unix File
Class                         Class          Type
FileStream     '123'        MultiByte-       ASCII text
                            FileStream

MultiByte-     '123'        MultiByte-       ASCII text
FileStream                  FileStream

FileStream     'élève en    MultiByte-       UTF-8 Unicode
               Français'    FileStream

MultiByte-     'élève en    MultiByte-       UTF-8 Unicode
FileStream     Français'    FileStream

Do operations involving FileStream as input always return a MultiByteFileStream?

Thanks,
Sheridan