On Wed, Jan 7, 2015, at 05:50 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> > On 06 Jan 2015, at 15:13, MartinW <w...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> > Whenever I reply to an issue or resolve an issue, everybody gets
> > automatically removed from "assigned to this issue" and I am set as the only
> > one the issue is assigned to.
> >
> > Is this intended?
> >
> > I just entered a new bug
> > (https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/14679/Fix-layout-glitch-in-FileDialogWindow-s-text-preview),
> > then it is assigned to everybody.
> > After i resolved it as "fix review needed" it gets automatically only
> > assigned to me. But exactly now it should be assigned to everybody, so that
> > someone can review it? Or do i misunderstand the mechanism?
> >

> For me the whole “to whom the issue is asking to” is confusing, too.
> I think that the issue is always assigned back to the “owner” after every
> step.

So, the idea here is pretty simple: when you resolve a case, the person
who opened the case should be the one to decide whether you *actually*
fully handled their issue, because *they're* the one who reported it in
the first place.  If they agree, they close it.  If they don't agree,
they reopen it.  If you've ever had to deal with a major company's help
desk helpfully "resolving" your issue while you can still trivially
reproduce it, you'll appreciate why FogBugz works this way by default.

But many open source projects don't quite work that way.  If Pharo's one
of them, just change away from FogBugz' default workflow to one that's
more to your choosing.  An Administrator just needs to click on Settings
-> Workflow, find the relevant workflow, and change what happens to
assignment when a case is resolved.  You can pick "-- No Change --", or
"Everybody", or  a specific user, or a virtual user, or whatever you
feel is appropriate.  You can even vary this by the type of thing
getting resolved, so if e.g. you feel that features should resolve to
Everybody, but bugs should resolve to the original reporter, you can
easily make that distinction.

Hope that helps.
--Benjamin

(Note that, regardless of whether you alter the workflow or not, if you
just want to make a comment, you should simply "Edit" the case.  This
will allow you to leave a note without altering who it's assigned to or
its resolution state, which should leave it assigned to "Everybody".)