> And no, I do not want to restart the discussion of the (lack of) qualities
> regarding such fonts.
>
> It is just not clear to me how to get hold of a font.
> It seems like at the one hand it is all 'Bitmap deja vu sans regular'.

I  think it is because, the default fonts were StrikeFonts only, but
Bitmap deja vu is the only StrikeFont in the image nowadays.

> In the settings browser I can pick all kinds of fonts, but it is unclear
> how
> I get a reference to them as I do not want to install the font as default
> or
> code fonts, but just need to apply the font to a few words in a Text
> object.

StringMorph new font:(LogicalFont familyName: 'Courier New' pointSize: 22);
openInHand
or for a TextMorph

| font1 font2 t1 t2 tMorph|
tMorph := TextMorph new.
font1 := (TextFontReference toFont: (LogicalFont familyName: 'Source Code
Pro' pointSize: 22)).
font2 := (TextFontReference toFont: (LogicalFont familyName: 'Source Code
Pro' pointSize: 11)).
t1 := 'this is font1' asText addAttribute: font1.
t2 := ' and this is font2' asText addAttribute: font2.
tMorph contents: (t1,t2).
tMorph openInWorld.

> If I try to ask for StrikeFont for say 'Courier' I get 'Bitmap deja vu sans
> regular'.
>
> Where is the magic hidden?
>
> A perhaps related question is if one can apply subscript and superscript to
> the regular Text attributes - I have not been able to find that either.

I am not sure, but I thnk, it is not possible.

nicolai