> I have a few questions:
>
> Why don't you all use a 6-paned browser (called the package browser in
> Squeak) and control the introduction of top-level meta-categories?
>
> Because you have tags and you can filter packages.

@Stephen, I don't know of the six panelled browser you refer to, but
presumably the tree list in the package pane of Pharo's System
Browser accounts for one of those two of those six panes e.g. expand the
AST-Core package ?

@General, btw is it possible to have more levels in the package pane, so
that all the AST packages appear under a single first level entry "AST" ?

> I really did like the initial Pharo mission statement of making a
> tighter, cleaner open-source ST80 implementation.

 @Stephen, Do you refer to Pharo's general mission or the Pharo Vision
document [1] which details a few specific items targeted for improvement,
noting that several of those items have already been completed.

[1] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30434/*PharoVision*.pdf

cheers -ben