Le 24/2/15 08:13, Marcus Denker a écrit :
On 23 Feb 2015, at 17:46, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymc...@me.com> wrote:

Hi,

so my idea is that maybe we can create traits for common classes(behaviors) and
methods properties. Because besides the real ones there are ring, monticello
and other definitions. It would be nice if one could browse the trait that
defines common properties for all the definitions + if someone needs a custom
property - there is one place to add it.
What is clear is that we need to unify the API. We now have

propertyValueAt:

in CompiledMethod and Behaviour, while RBProgramNode uses

propertyAt:

and Morph even

valueOfProperty:

I think the best is just propertyAt:, we don’t have “valueAt:” in Array, either.

+1

As for a shared Trait… the implementation is quite different in all of them...
Indeed I think that making the API compatible is more important because we do not care to reuse
different implementation.
This is what ring failed a bit to do, its API should be revisited.

        Marcus