Hi Esteban,

I think we should invoke coherence when it makes sense :).

I agree that when people are searching for settings they should expect to
find them in the Settings browser. This makes sense.

But, why is it a good choice to have settings removed from the tool they
are about? I think it's not necessarily so clear cut. I think it would make
perfect sense to have settings scoped to a certain context (which you can
already do with the Settings Browser), but I would not want these
contextual settings to be in a window of their own. That is why we invested
in having this floating window that disappears when you click away.

Also, in the current case there is an extra reason. As also pointed out by
Andrei, we are talking about the data of people. This is sensitive and the
status of the uploading should be as apparent as possible to keep people
informed.

The other thing to notice is that Spotter is different than anything else
in Pharo. I think that should not be held against it :). That does not mean
that everything about it is perfect either. I simply say that if we want
the future to conform with what we have now, it's not necessarily a good
policy.

Cheers,
Doru

--