Le 3/3/15 22:37, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
On 03/03/15 14:37, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
I definitely recall feeling "lots of pain" with the subStringXyz ->
substringXyz that we're still dealing with in recent updates (I think I
started that push as a naive newbie), but I'm not sure about the "little
gain" part. It's hard to quantify the negative effect of inconsistency in
the system, or the empowering effect of uniformity.

These kind of changes should be accompanied by a rewrite script, b.t.w.
Upgrading is much easier if you can just select the rewrites you want to apply.

I do not know if you know but there is a support for automatically rewriting deprecated methods :)
It is there but is not used.

Stephan