I think there is a misunderstanding.

The settings are implemented as requested to be uniform even though the
solution is less likely to get proper results. We should probably revisit
the settings solution in Pharo 5. In the meantime we also have a solution
to make the CI happy and only write the extra file on disk if the user does
choose to send anonymous data. So, these problems are fixed.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com