I still have production code (GemTools) that runs today  in Pharo 1.1 ...

I assume that others also have production code running in older versions of Pharo and Squeak and GemStone so I make sure that Metacello continues to work on those platforms ...

Not everyone has the luxury of having the time to port their entire production catalog to the latest version of Pharo ...

I don't demand that zeroconf support Pharo1.2 as long as there is a way that I can keep downloading Pharo1.2 ... but if you don't intend to support all releases of Pharo on zeroconf, then I will simply start using the alternate long term method in my scripts because I certainly don't want to have to change scripts that are working perfectly fine, because you've decided to drop support for a particular version....

Dale