Le 01/04/2015 22:34, stepharo a écrit :

Well, I'm allways under the assumption that an instance variable is
internal only and that, when querying an AST node, I should allways
use its API (is that usually #startPosition and #stopPosition?).

Me too
The implication of my proposal is to also rename all the accessors so
that the get proper names... which of course they do not have.

Fair enough.

Still, Proper name is proper in a context. I allways try to follow a simple guideline which is: choose a memorable name, adapted to the code it is in use in, and as much as possible understandable. But understandable comes second.

And if a long term name is used consistently everywhere, I'll keep it as it is (respecting existing documentation, memory, other developper knowledge and work, etc...) instead of changing it.

Thierry