> On 22 Apr 2015, at 14:19, Damien Cassou <damien.cas...@inria.fr> wrote:
>

> kilon alios <kilon.al...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> you definetly got feedback from me with one feature request you did not
>> reply ;)
>
> same from me: in my opinion, the notifications should not be part of the
> code browser because we can also code in the inspector and the debugger.
> I think they should appear at the bottom of the Pharo window.

I remember this request, Damien. After it I’ve added also information about
critics in the inspector and spotter. At the moment I haven’t done anything
with debugger, but I will definitely look into it.

QualityAssitant was showing global notifications at the beginning, but this
imposes other kind of problem: how do you deal with many entities that change
simultaneously? Another example is when you load package with Monticello, as
code is in fact modified, and you are spammed with notifications.

This is why I decided to step down and now the main goal of QualityAssistant is
to assure that you can ask each entity about it’s quality and receive the
critics. Then tools like SystemBrowser, Inspector or Debugger can implement a
view section that displays this property of an entity.

Current approach does not forbid the creation of global notification system and
I will work on it, as soon as I’m done with higher priority tasks, or we can
hack something together during ESUG. Your feedback is very important, and while
you don’t see the requested feature available yet, it has influenced the design
decisions taken during the development :)

Cheers.
Uko