> On 24 Apr 2015, at 08:41, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> no, docs for pharo 4.0 are broken.
> I will regenerate it next week (it takes hours).
>
> and about if it is useful: no experienced smalltalker will ever use it.
> But newbies and google indexer will.

When I took Oscar's programming language class and we used Pharo, that was one
of the first questions: is there a doc? My reaction at first was to tell them
to look at the source code. But it takes a while to getting used to that idea.
If you come from other languages you just expect a doc. And if there isn’t one
“then something must be wrong with that Pharo language” is the common reaction.

So yes, as Esteban says, we need it for promotional purposes.