One is also easier to improve/maintain.
Stef

Le 28/4/15 14:31, Andrei Chis a écrit :
Yes, some level of unification would be nice, especially for the part about users agreeing to send usage data and persisting that setting. Also at least two general levels of details about what data is being send that tools should follow would help (full anonymous vs. include class names/method names ?). Last but not least, a single entry point for sending that data over the network would help.

How data is collected/stored will differ from tool to tool, but agreeing on the previous aspects would make it much easier to collect data.

Cheers,
Andrei

    <mailto:yuriy.tymc...@me.com>> wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > from time to time we have to collect a usage data in order to
    improve our tools. For example I’d like to collect data in future
    about how do you treat code critics: do they occur, do you outfox
    them, do you mark them as false positives? If we had answers to
    these questions, we could really make good and helpful critics.

    > For now I know that there are 3 projects which collect data:
    > - GTSpotter
    > - Shoreline
    > - DFlow (not in image by default).
    >
    > Should I make 4th data collection for QualityAssistant? Or maybe
    we can do some unification?

    I would love unification!

    It’s not only good for the researchers, but even for the user: I
    do not want to decide 5 times to give data to research,
    but I want to decide it once…

            Marcus