Wow! Look what I stirred up!

Ok, I *vaguely* understand the two configuration schemes.

I do understand how I touched two projects that are mantained differently
and the problems in that.

I'm not sure what to learn from all of this (I know I didn't do anything
wrong)

About the design issues.

I cringed when I saw that code, that's why I wanted to model the About
information in an object,
but that would be a lot more change and without knowing all the classes
involved.

That's why I asked in another mail what to do after a Case is resolved,
about further work.

Ok then, now I have no idea if I should be doing anything else about this
Case.

For now I'm going to keep reading how this issue evolves and if I have to
do something, just tell me.

PS: I'm not discouraged at all, I know the difficulties of projects of this
size.

Thanks everyone for the patience and encouragement.