(whoops accidentally sent that last post)

>> and since we are there: What happens with linux?
>>
>> Esteban

Linux is the same as Windows.

>> On 28 May 2015, at 20:25, Franck Warlouzet <franck.warlou...@hotmail.fr>
>> wrote:
>> To copy/paste it is ctrl, but to quit a window it is alt F4, to switch
>> between windows it is alt + tab ...
>> But there is also a meta key, the windows key.

This confuses the issue. :)  From Pharo's perspective, the windows-key
does not exist.  I really believe the windows-key should *not* be
considered a meta-key, and some call it the super-key.

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@web.de> wrote:
> Currently, on Windows, the keymapping framework knows only two modifiers
> "ctrl" and "command" the windows key "alt" maps to "command"

>> I’m lost now.
>> Which one is the “meta” key in windows? Alt or Ctrl?
>>
>> Esteban

Note that he said *currently* , not that it was correct.  Indeed it is
wrong per platform conventions.  Observe all the PharoShortcuts saying
for example...
     ^ $b command mac | $b ctrl win | $b ctrl unix

That is...
   Linux/Windows meta-key = Ctrl.
   OSX meta-key = Cmd

   Alt should remain Alt and be equivalent to Option on osx, but it
seems on Windows that somewhere low level the Alt key *becomes* a Cmd
key. This needs to be killed.

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need win/linux users (and why not, other mac users than me) to test
>>> this issue:
>>>
>>> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/15621
>>>
>>> basically, it normalises all menu shortcut output… in a long but clear
>>> way (and compatible with the platform).
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Esteban

Thanks for doing this.  It might be a bit bumpy road but really needs
to be done.
Now my opinion is based on previously being a long term Windows Pharo
user, but right now I need to find a Windows machine to assist.
cheers -ben