I've been doing some mailing list analysis recently (in Ruby), and would be
very interested in porting it over to Smalltalk. (I was actually getting
really frustrated at the lack of proper debugging setup in Ruby, even
though it had some great mail-related libraries). I was looking at thread
lengths, numbers of unanswered threads, etc.

Alexandre -- I haven't been able to find a good Mail parsing library for
Smalltalk (preferably one that reads the Mbox format natively), I'd be
curious to know what you end up using.

As for the download URL -- the link Marcus gave is, unfortunately, in
Piper-mail's own format (a simplified version of mbox, really).
To get the actual .mbox file, you'd need to use this link:

http://lists.pharo.org/mailman/private/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org.mbox/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org.mbox

(Note that it requires you to authenticate with your mailing list email and
password (that you created when you first signed up for the mailing list)).
But once authenticated, you can download it with Zinc (or wget) or
whatever, and start processing it.

Let us know how it goes!