I did not see any progress over the time in making a (stable) release
of pharo in 64 bit flavor.
This is that you do not look carefully enough. :)

This is planned but it takes time as you can expect.
- First spur new GC (32) that eliot designed to get working in 64 bits.
- Second 64bits.

Now if companies want to get it done faster, there is the consortium that is a non profit
structure to collect money and hire more people.

I can tell you if we would have a couple of millions euros invested into Pharo. Pharo would be massively different :)

For servers, it is a common practice (and also a good one if no 32bit
executables are planned) to completelly disable 32bit support (by not
compiling any library in 32bit, disabling emulation of 32bit in
kernel), and also performance, as under 64bit, 32bit code runs slightly
slower.

The above make enough reasons to make it interesting to have a 64bit
version of pharo, but... Is it intended/in progress? Or nothing really
at the moment?