200 seems perfect to me.

Does anyone else have other preferences ? :)

Le 10/08/2015 21:56, stepharo a écrit :
may be the default should be 250.
Can you try and let us know?

Le 10/8/15 17:39, Merwan Ouddane a écrit :
Yes.
Specially if you have a bad timing, you start to type your method name
and the pop-up shows up just before you press enter ><

On lun., 2015-08-10 at 17:27 +0200, Franck Warlouzet wrote:
On every image I take, I replace the delay from 500 to 100 and it is
fast (too much maybe for some people) enough, 500 is far too much, you
finished to type in a half second.

Franck

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 17:22:05 +0200
From: i.uh...@gmail.com
To: pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Make the auto completion pop-up appear faster

Yes, there is
Settings > Code Browsing > Code Completion... > Popup appearance delay

So I guess the question should be whether the _default_ delay should
be shorter.

Showing popup immediately may not be so useful, because you haven't
typed much...
I personally prefer to use shortcut to force the popup to show up.

Peter

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Thomas Heniart