Guillaume Larcheveque wrote
> In my opinion you can add it to development because it provides new
> functionality without introducing changes to current implementation.
>
>> I've added a PDFEllipseElement to a newer version of stable
>> with an example. Would it be better to add it to development?

Backward compatibility is orthogonal to #stable and #development. For the
distinction you're describing, you would use semantic versioning
(http://semver.org/) to bump the minor (e.g. 1.0.1 -> 1.1.0).

Conversely, in the Metacello world, we use those labels to denote
expectations/guarantee of code quality. My understanding of their meanings
is:
#stable - you can use this code freely in your apps; it is functioning well
#development - probably works, but since it's still under development, we
can't promise anything
#bleedingEdge - you want the absolute latest version of all packages; you're
on your own - good luck! (this one is by definition, not opinion)

-----
Cheers,
Sean