> First, Thanks Nicolai :)
>
> I was testing the latest windows VM In my gf's machine to see the fix of
> Nicolai to the Ctrl+friends.
>
> For those who do not know, before, the windows (and unix, and mac too) VMs
> mapped some Ctrl+key combinations to another one simulating emacs/terminal
> shortcuts. For example:
>
> Ctrl+a => Ctrl home
> Ctrl+d => Ctrl end
>
> The problem of this, is that the image never received a Ctrl+a event, and
> thus, Ctrl+a and Ctrl+home were not distinguishable.
>
> Nicolai did a fix in the Windows VM for this and I'm glad to see that most
> of the keys that did not work before now work. I tested it by disabling the
> global shortcuts and using the following script:
>
> w := SystemWindow new.
>
> ($a to: $z) do: [ :k|
>     w bindKeyCombination: k ctrl toAction: [ :a :b :c | UIManager default
> inform: c asString ]].
>
> w addMorphBack: TextMorph new.
> w openInWorld.
>
> Using that I saw however that the Ctrl+m combination does not reach my
> handler and there are no global handlers for it. The event does however
> arrive to the image (checked using the InputEventFetcher).
>
> Then I have two questions for the world:
>
> - Does anyone have an idea of who may be catching the Ctrl+m?
> - What do we have to do to bless the latest Windows VM as stable?
>
> Guille

Hi Guille,

the problem with my fix for ctrl+a vs. ctrl+home is, that we do not get
ctrl+space keystrokes anymore :(
But I know how to fix this.

The problem with ctrl+m is that it does not generate a keychar-Event, only
keyup and keydown (similar ctrl+<somenumber> or ctrl+tab), it is recognized
as a keyevent but only keychar-events are used as keystrokes.