> Completion in the comment pane is a major PITA for me.
>
> There are times when it makes sense, but not that often.
>
> Phil
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Peter Uhnak <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some time ago I ran into a problem with typing left brackets into comment
>> pane.
>>
>> As you know, code blocks in Pillar are marked with
>> [[[
>>
>> However comment pane is subject to regular code completion of
>> NECController, which means that every time I type '[' NEC converts it into
>> '[ ]'. So if I type '[[[' then I get '[ [ [ ] ] ]'. Which is good in code,
>> but not here.
>>
>> Now considering we are pushing for Pillar in comments I think this should
>> be resolved. However I don't know how.
>>
>> a) disable code completion for comments (trivial, but loosing CC

maybe we should do this.

> b) subclass NECController to disable this. This is probably lot more
>> complex, because the current one is hard-wired via Smalltalk tools

I don't think this would be that difficult

> c) add configuration option to NECControler so it can run in different
>> modes (still a lot of work)

there are configuration options (enable/disable smart characters and
whether brackets or other smart characters should add spaces too].

>> d) add setting to options to disable/enable CC in comments  and let users
>> decide.

+1

>> d) other better, faster, easier solution?
>>
>> From future perspective b) could be used to provide more extensive code
>> completion, specifically for Pillar.

actually, I don't like to have pillar-"code" in class comments. As long as
we don't have a good way to actually format that text
this is not helpful. Especially for users not knowing the syntax.
If we want to push Pillar for comments, we should develop a textmodel and
editor for viewing and editing pillar code first.