Hi Stef,

    google "brian foote intercession introspection" and you'll find PowerPoint
slides from Brian's talks.  There's also Brian and Ralph's paper and A Razavi's
paper.  The key is to present the three groups of facility:

self-representation (classes and methods are objects too)
intercession (doesNotUnderstand:)
introspection (class, size, mirrors etc

Also note we use a poor man's mirrors in the execution simulator via
object:instVarAt: objectClass: et al that break encapsulation to give accurate
debugging because there is no encapsulation within the VM.