> On 22 Nov 2015, at 12:20, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> With the following (broken) definition
>

> : aStream
>    super printOn: aStream
>    aStream nextPutAll: '(', faces printString , ')'
>
> I got this strange rule:
>
>    Rewrite super messages to self messages when both refer to same method
>
> I do not get it and it looks really suspicious to me.
> Any suggestions?

The rule is meant to catch the case when when “super” can be “self” as there is
no #printOn:
defined in the class.

But here it looks like it is wrong: it would be an infinite loop.

I think it could be related to this other bug: I have seen that the rules are
not correctly updated
when you add methods. (I wanted to add an issue for that but did not yet). E.g.
I often get
a “sends unkown selector” for self sends and then I check —> method is there, I
just added it!

So here this means that you added a new printOn:, the rules do not update, and
it thinks
that there is no printOn:.

So the real bug is that added methods need to be taken into account by QA.

        Marcus